Boat and Personal Watercraft
With a specialized boat insurance policy from Carr’s Insurance, you can relax on the water knowing you have the right coverage for your boat or personal watercraft. Just like automobile insurance, we make boat insurance easy and affordable. There are even discounts available for packaging your policies together!
We insure all types of watercraft and boats in Hawaii on all islands including Oahu, Maui, and Kauai. We also are familiar with the requirements of and work closely with Koolina Marina, Keehi Boat Harbor, and the Ala Wai Boat Harbor in Honolulu. Carr’s Insurance can provide coverage for the following:
- Charter Fishing Vessels
- Sail Boats
- Live Aboards
- Power Boats
- Jet Skis and Personal Watercraft
We have a wide variety of markets in which we can offer policies. We offer one of the highest limits of coverage available for fishing equipment in the industry. We offer total loss replacement cost on new boats. Fuel Spill Liability coverage is available.
Listed below are links to marinas and surveyors we have worked closely with and recommend.
Boat Insurance Options
Because we’re an independent agent, we represent many carriers for a boat insurance policy! Coverage options are plentiful and you an get specialized coverage, such as Roadside Assistance, On-Water Towing, Total Loss Replacement, and more.
Ask for a Boat Insurance Quote Today!
With so many boat insurance options, we will provide you with information to help you choose the best coverage for your boat or personal watercraft insurance needs.
Boat insurance covers many kinds of boats from personal watercraft, to sailboats, to fishing vessels to personal watercraft. So, even if you feel you need a specialized policy, a boat insurance policy is what you need. Ask an agent today.
Looking for Motorcycle Insurance? We sell that too!
What you need to know about Boat Insurance:
Carr’s Insurance will work hard to ensure you’re covered on the water and that your coverage needs are met. Give us a call today at 808-836-CARR or 808-836-2277 to start a quote. When shopping for boat insurance in Hawaii, there are some things you should keep in mind:
- Navigational Area: Many companies offer protection that covers you up to 75 miles from the U.S. coastline; into Canadian coastal or inland waters; and into the Pacific coastal waters of Mexico. Some companies offer additional options for further navigation. Inquire today!
- Agreed Value Coverage: Boat and personal watercraft depreciate over time. Having your watercraft insured as actual cash value can make it difficult to replace a boat that’s been stolen or destroyed. Agreed value coverage means that if your boat is a total loss you will get the value you insured it for, minus your deductible. Don’t depend on a homeowner’s policy to insure a boat. Who wants home-like coverage on a boat?
- Liability: Personal liability coverage provides coverage to you for damaging other boaters if you’re found to be at-fault for an accident on the water. This coverage pays to repair or replace their property as well as any medical care, lost wages and other costs resulting from the accident.
- Medical Payments: Medical payments coverage will cover your or your passenger’s medical bills as a result of an accident on the water. The coverage limits vary and covers you, your passengers, and even your water skiers/tubers, regardless of fault.
- Physical Damage Coverage: Physical damage coverage pays to repair or replace your watercraft, its motor, any permanently attached equipment, and your trailer, if it is damaged or stolen.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Watercraft Bodily Injury: Many boaters choose not to get insurance. If you are hit by an uninsured or underinsured boater, and you are injured, this type of coverage pays for medical treatment, lost wages, and other costs. Ask an agent today about UM/UMBI coverage for your boat.
- Fuel Spill Liability and Wreckage Removal: In the very unfortunate event that your boat should sink or be damaged on the water, here is a possibility of a fuel leak. As the boat’s owner you are liable to clean this fuel up, which can be very time consuming and expensive.
- Personal Effects: Your watercraft policy can provide coverage for many personal effects such as clothes, cell phones and fishing equipment. Make sure you’re properly insured on the water by talking to a Carr’s Insurance agent today.
- Emergency Assistance: The Emergency Assistance Package provides coverage for towing, labor and delivery of gas, oil or loaned battery if the watercraft is disabled while on the water.
More coverage is available. A Carr’s Insurance agent will go over all coverages with you so you can make an informed decision.
We have a wide variety of markets in which we can offer coverage. We offer one of the highest limits of coverage available for fishing equipment in the industry. We offer total loss replacement cost on new boats. Click here for information
Frequently Asked Questions about Boat Insurance
What is the average boat insurance cost?
Never guess what an insurance policy might cost. The average cost to insure a boat depends on the type of boat you want to insure and how much coverage you need. Additionally, your credit and loss history can factor into the price. The best way to get an accurate quote is to reach out to us for a quote. Quotes take just a few minutes and we can run you through several great companies.
Does boat insurance cover mechanical issues?
No, boat insurance will not cover mechanical issues such as a blown motor. However, if the mechanical issue is a result of a covered loss such as a collision with another boat then there likely would be coverage for the mechanical failure that resulted from the covered loss. *All coverage situations are subject to claims verification and no information here is suggesting coverage would exist.
Is boat insurance required?
Some states do not require boat insurance, but if you are operating a boat in open waters without it, you’re putting yourself at financial risk. If you have a loan on your boat or if you moored your boat in a marina, then the lienholder or marina may require you to carry insurance.